Thursday, January 21, 2010

Authentic Brickwork In Your Kitchen



Choosing a material for a kitchen floor and backsplash can often be as difficult as choosing cabinetry. At times, the backsplash is only considered after all other elements have been chosen. Many of our clients have used brick on their floors and backsplashes....not heavy, standard-sized pavers, but authentic, hand-made brick tile from Inglenook Tile.

Julie Good-Kruger, founder of Inglenook Tile, "a family owned brick veneer manufacturer inspired by a love of history, antiques, architecture and the natural beauty of hand-made building materials." Read the story of its founding.

...and if you do use Inglenook brick tile on your floor....don't forget to put radiant heat under it. You may be actually be tempted to curl up on your kitchen floor on a cold, winter night!

If you are planning a kitchen remodel or new kitchen...contact us today for a complimentary kitchen design consultation - TimelessKitchenDesign.com

1 comment:

Joseph said...

These are some absolutely glorious designs. I'm a cabinetmaker who is always surfing the Internet looking for something new and exciting, because when I do our bathrooms and kitchen, I do NOT want to do the same thing everyone else does. As yet I still have not figured out what I'm going to do, but one fine day I hope to have something wonderful to share with people on the Internet. And if I do, concepts like these will help me get there. Thank you for sharing this with us.